Server Maintenance - August 4th, 2016

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - August 4th, 2016

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:57 pm

CheMClarc wrote:
Kenner wrote:Here is a list of still unadressed items which I tested and are confirmed.

Inquisitor:
-Arcane poison:by reducing the ammount of ticks but NOT increasing damage per tick the damage over time is now 50% over 3 sec. This is easily solve by doubling the damage per tick.

Turmoil: Turmoil 1/2/3 all give 0% increase in damage over time making this ability useless for now. In my option this passive is crucial for Inquisitor's now that Virulent Slash is fixed.

Arcane Poison DOT matches Burning DOT exactly. Same numbers. What made Arcane Poison op is the tick rate.

Everything looks correct on our end for Turmoil. We continue to investigate it. Additional details and examples will help.

I don't remember Arcane Poison even being the problem ability, it was Virulent Slash.

There must be a way to easily check Turmoil on your end. We can look at numbers over and over but you don't you have interface tools that allow you to test abilities in isolation to others? What you're seeing and what players are getting is obviously different.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:53 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:I don't remember Arcane Poison even being the problem ability, it was Virulent Slash.

I know, right!

I wish all of this inq dot stuff had been left alone until we got some toons into high end OS raids and see how it played out. Instead, the PvP whiners got their way - most of the bad things that have happened in PvE for the past 2-3 years is because of PvP. Justi's OS, Ice Lance, etc....
Bbbb

Postby Kenner » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:01 pm

Okay I got some numbers and they are pretty weird.

Arcane poison deals 3 times 352 damage at stack 1. If we remove the 10% DoT bonus from guild favors 320 damage is left. I took seismic shield as a reference damage as it deals 100% spirit damage. The average damage of seismic shield is 1530 AMD the combined DoT damage at stack 1 is 960. This means it deals about 62% weapon damage over 3 sec. Does anyone know what I May have forgotten in my calculations?

I also used Turmoil and i rechecked and it litterally does nothing to my DoT damage.
Kenner

Postby Bbbb » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:23 pm

Take off Inner Focus and see if that fixes the numbers. That's outside of weapon dmg.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:42 pm

Kenner wrote:Okay I got some numbers and they are pretty weird.

Arcane poison deals 3 times 352 damage at stack 1. If we remove the 10% DoT bonus from guild favors 320 damage is left. I took seismic shield as a reference damage as it deals 100% spirit damage. The average damage of seismic shield is 1530 AMD the combined DoT damage at stack 1 is 960. This means it deals about 62% weapon damage over 3 sec. Does anyone know what I May have forgotten in my calculations?

I also used Turmoil and i rechecked and it litterally does nothing to my DoT damage.

I see no change with or without turmoil, can this be fixed now that it's actually been confirmed?
Illy_the_Red

Postby _JT_ » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:44 pm

Before the update Virulent Slash And Poison Clouds dots would stack but now the don't. They just refresh each other. Is this intentional?
_JT_

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:48 pm

_JT_ wrote:Before the update Virulent Slash And Poison Clouds dots would stack but now the don't. They just refresh each other. Is this intentional?

Seriously? That wasn't even a bug...little point taking poison cloud in single-target builds now. I thought those two were designed to be separate effects?
Illy_the_Red

Postby _JT_ » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:54 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:
_JT_ wrote:Before the update Virulent Slash And Poison Clouds dots would stack but now the don't. They just refresh each other. Is this intentional?

Seriously? That wasn't even a bug...little point taking poison cloud in single-target builds now. I thought those two were designed to be separate effects?

Yeah I just noticed it in the raid I just finished. Guess I need to find a new build for my inquisitors :-\
_JT_

Postby Kenner » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:01 pm

Bbbb wrote:Take off Inner Focus and see if that fixes the numbers. That's outside of weapon dmg.

I don't think that Will be an issue as magic rating is incorporated in DoT. If DoT were only weapon damage my Mage wouldn't crit fire DoT at 47k
Kenner

Postby Kenner » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:11 am

After several uses of Snow blind 1 I think ive found another issue. When I use it the numbers of my attacks do increase by 10% as it should. But when I look at the actual damage done it is not increased by anything.

I used ice runes to test this theorie as they damage range is very narrow.

Normal ice rune damage is 1681-1728.
After is use Snow blind the damage becomes 1849-1900. The actual damage my rune did varies from 1684, 1780,1850, 1866, 1694. These are some numbers I found. These results suggest that now the maximum damage is increased by 10% while the minimum damage is still the same. Could this be confirmed as a bug or as properly functioning skill?
Kenner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates