New Classes

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Which new class are you most interested in playing?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:13 pm

Frost Knight
21%
Flame Warden
58%
Inquisitor
21%

Total votes : 33

New Classes

Postby CheMClarc » Fri May 13, 2016 1:13 pm

Before we announce the rest of the features coming in the next update, I wanted to have a thread going that compared the new classes. What does everyone think of them? Who's OP? Which class is going to excel where? Who everyone can't wait to play? Etc.

Feel free to comment, just please keep it civil on your comparisons with each other. :geek:
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Re: New Classes

Postby Bbbb » Fri May 13, 2016 2:53 pm

I feel like that Inquistor and the Frost Knight may have the issues that the SW does that I don't like. Too much button mashing to do damage.

Flame Warden is like the Mage and Justicar who I both love.
Bbbb

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Fri May 13, 2016 3:03 pm

I think for pve/mob killing, having 5 multi-enemy attacks gives the two classes an advantage, especially in onslaught. I don't count grenades because we know that their timers are too long to count in most mob attacks.
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Sir_TâpsØlòt » Fri May 13, 2016 3:10 pm

Can I trade in my useless regular Shadow Walker for the new Fire Death Walker from Hell version please?
Sir_TâpsØlòt

Postby Raydem » Fri May 13, 2016 3:18 pm

about the first 2 classes
maybe the different skills interact well between them to compensate more inputs
more buttons smashing ≠ issues .. at least in pvp
of course it is when we talking about pve (SW chronicles) but would be tested in the field. Furthermore i read 5 Aoe
Raydem

Postby Crawling_Chaos » Fri May 13, 2016 4:22 pm

Last edited by Crawling_Chaos on Sun May 07, 2017 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crawling_Chaos

Postby Saraa » Fri May 13, 2016 6:57 pm

I have the same concerns as Bbbb regarding damage output for the frost Knight and Inquisitors but without seeing timers(especially the ability to utilize aoe atks for OS, ie magma jet) and damage %ages it's really hard to tell. If those 2 classes are required to have one hand/offhand they may not be as competitive once they are mighty enough to do damage in OS. However I do see one potential way to help this...If the true goal is to encourage hybridization, the knight and inquisitors have the potential for 2 DOT abilities. Increasing the amt of damage they do over time would help offset individual atk damage as magic and melee gems will have to be split thus also lowering overall atk damage. Inquisitors doesn't have this issue as both abilities are magic based but the warden and Knight will suffer from full hybridization.

As for PvP, the biggest issue I see as of right now is the very long string atk the the warden will be able to utilize having both smoke bomb and BS, and the warden will be nowhere near as slow as the Justi so you can't even really compare the two.

Overall tho, until we get a chance to at least see some numbers and to a greater extent, play them, it's all speculation.
Saraa

Postby _Raiden » Fri May 13, 2016 7:56 pm

Surely the flame warden will be the class to look out for. Was not really very excited about the first 2 class. But wow a fire justi surely caught my attention.
With fire n melee being very hard hitting attacks. On paper flame warden is totally OP.

But until we get to try them out its anyones guess.
_Raiden

Postby Sim0n » Fri May 13, 2016 7:57 pm

I read somewhere that we'll have 5 new levels and a new tier of ability to existing classes. I think it's a little too soon to complain about useless toons, what if those ability were addressing some concerns raised here?
Sim0n

Postby Crawling_Chaos » Fri May 13, 2016 8:11 pm

Last edited by Crawling_Chaos on Fri May 12, 2017 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crawling_Chaos

Next

Return to Dev Blog