Update 2.4.2 - Server Maintenance - Update

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 2.4.2 - Server Maintenance - Update

Postby Gary_ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:58 pm

I'm an idiot...thanks DiMo!!! Two and a half years playing and had no idea...doh!
Gary_

Re: Update 2.4.2 - Server Maintenance

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:29 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Also, how did the latest 'update' manage to break features that weren't involved in the Chef/fixes?

Spoken like someone who doesn't do software development. :D As a fellow developer, I have nothing but respect for Venan's programmers/QA staff. Their software quality is very high. Try a Zynga game if you want to see what a bug ridden mess with no class balance is like.....

You're right, I'm in cancer diagnostic development. Quite familiar with how important QA is :-)

Saying 'it went from 32 to 64 bit and that sometimes breaks stuff' is a little vague, but I guess they can spare us the details.
Illy_the_Red

Postby В_ЯдD » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:15 pm

CheMClarc wrote:R2Games is handling our user acquisition to bring Book of Heroes to regions that have not idea that this awesome game exists! Just like our relationship with Kabam, we are still in control of the features and running the game.

I can't understand why you would want to be affiliated with a company with such a horrible reputation! Just bad business... Smh
В_ЯдD

Re: Update 2.4.2 - Server Maintenance

Postby Shekka » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:16 pm

CheMClarc wrote:
Shekka wrote:And we now get a very long r2 splash screen on load up. So, for some reason I am now afraid for BoH future....

The new R2 splash screen is just as long as the Venan logo was in previous builds of the game. It may seem longer because it is new to you and that our Venan logo doesn't appear for as long after it. There are some technical issues with altering the time length of the first splash screen but we still wanted to get our Venan logo in there so we took some of the time of the Main Menu animation to add it. Overall, veteran players of this game should be excited about our partnership with R2Games as it will bring in new users to the game to meet, help build your guilds and fill your raids. The more users we get, the more content we bring and the cycle continues along. If you really enjoy Book of Heroes, embrace the new publisher and get your friends to play!

.... Ok... I I wish to reserve the right to say "told ya so" later and pray to be proved wrong.

Side note, is there an expected iOS client patch update being rolled out in he next week or so? Or are we going to be like mushrooms here on this until the next content update in December?
Last edited by Shekka on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shekka

Postby T052170 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:38 am

Bbbb wrote:
DiMoSauR wrote:
T052170 wrote:I just got into the game after the "update" and was already asked twice with a gameinterupting screen if I wish to try something for free gs. If this continues I night consider trying to make my live w/o BoH.

U can disable this option on main menu,show featured offers - off

And FYI, that feature has been there for years. It's nothing they just added. If you did an uninstall and reinstall, the setting might have been lost though.

Thanks for the info I will check on it. I joined last year and can not remember that I disabled it but if you say so I have to believe.
T052170

Previous

Return to Game Updates