Story Line Suggestion

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Story Line Suggestion

Postby UpAllNightToGetDerpy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:52 pm

I'm glad the Hunter is back.
UpAllNightToGetDerpy

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:11 pm

Okay, after going to his homeland, the Hunter is too powerful and he ends up defeating us all!

As a last ditch effort, Majerio sends our hero back in time to stop the rise/madness of the Hunter. We interact with the younger versions of Majerio, Daedalus, Colette and the rest before they awaken Karnak, Caliban, Helion, Vallus...

The Goblin and Ratheen empires are at full strength and Nithus is still a viable city. We might even be able to see Stonehelm.

Of course, it won't be too long before the baddies from the future come back to stop their younger selves from being defeated!
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:32 pm

In the Valdenian army: internal lizard-fishy men, snapping turtle men as armored soldiers, cobramen...
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:24 pm

Next idea: after players go back to the past, it would open another mini game (pvp being the first), which is a strategy game. There would be a minimum level and might plus quests to unlock the strategy game.

The player becomes the leader of a realm in The BoH world. The realm has an army build based on the might of the toon (50k might yields 50,000 points to spend on the basic army). The realm has a beginning fortress which the army must defend. Upgrades for both the army and fortress will become available as the player progresses through the campaign.

The campaign is to defeat different armies / realms such as Lockbolt (or a Bandit King in the past), the Ratheen, the Goblin King, Helion, Vallus, the various Vile leaders and eventually the Valdenians (given that they are the reason the player went back in time in the first place). As the player's realm expands through conquest, income increases to allow for upgrades.

The realm's army consists of Justicars, War Mages and Shadow Walkers of various types. Some would be justi swordsmen, archers, knights and clerics. Others would be fire mages and ice wizards while others would be super fast and deadly rogues and poison casting assassins.

Battles between the realm's army and opponents would allow for allied player realms to join in. Allies must be given tribute gs (based on their army power) in order to join the battle.

Instead of casting ability attacks, the player sends different army units against enemy units. The player's units reduce or eliminate the enemy units and attacks are time based like in the main game. Each unit has a speed of attack. As the enemy units attack, the player uses army units to defend. In place of runes or other consumables, the player would have units like griffins, ballistas, elementals, etc. which are used up in the battle.

Both the player and any allies face the same enemy units but on different fronts so the makeup and strengths of units will differ over the course of the battle. Eventually the enemy is whittled down so the player & allies face the remaining units together, counting them down. Then the enemy boss has x hit points to lose but can attack multiple enemies. If the army units are all knocked out, the player hero attacks personally. If the hero dies, that player or ally is out of the battle (maybe to return after healing and buying more armies?). RPP rules would apply. The spoils would be divided after the battle ends... (but does that mean no drops during the battle and players get nothing if the lose?)

The fortresses come into play when enemy armies attack at times. The defenses will be important to repel the siege army. The player would also attack enemy fortresses to conquer the territory.

The same battle system could be used for realm vs. realm fights (with rewards based on relative strengths of realms or maybe handicaps / bonuses to make the armies somewhat even?)
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:59 am

With the battles in the strategic game, I could see that the hero's units would be on the screen like at the bottom or to one side in two rows with the hero at the back and the enemy boss on the top or other side of the screen, with its units similarly arranged. As time progresses, units can be moved or reinforcements can be inserted until the supply is exhausted.

The hero and enemy boss could use attacks directly but also have potions for healing themselves or their units and runes for buffs to units (+ to friendly or - to enemy).
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:42 pm

The realm could have a workshop option to build siege engines and improvements to fortifications and maybe to craft better gear for units. The enchanter would make magic gear for units and summon beast units.

Finally something to do with all those excess materials!!
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Famous_Fella_O_Nutella » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:25 pm

I like the back in time idea. How about the player goes back to a time before pvp and he has to stop it from being created. He has to smash the coliseum before it's finished. As a reward when you go back to the present, pvp will no longer be available.
TEAM stands for Together Everyone Accomplishes More

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

"Never believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Famous_Fella_O_Nutella

Postby Bbbb » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:34 pm

Йцтеllа_Шфlf_Фf_Dяеамs wrote:I like the back in time idea. How about the player goes back to a time before pvp and he has to stop it from being created. He has to smash the coliseum before it's finished. As a reward when you go back to the present, pvp will no longer be available.

Same idea but for Guild Loyalty. Or better yet, both!
Bbbb

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:06 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Йцтеllа_Шфlf_Фf_Dяеамs wrote:I like the back in time idea. How about the player goes back to a time before pvp and he has to stop it from being created. He has to smash the coliseum before it's finished. As a reward when you go back to the present, pvp will no longer be available.

Same idea but for Guild Loyalty. Or better yet, both!

But then you become your own grandparent.
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Does coming back from the past involve lightning, a DeLorean and a white-haired eccentric?
Illy_the_Red

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions