2H Inquistor Guide

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

2H Inquistor Guide

Postby Bbbb » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:13 pm

2H Inquistor is probably the highest risk/highest reward class in the game. Do it wrong and it is easy to die. Do it right and you zip through all PVE raids.

I want to stress that while running a haste elixir, this is by far my favorite class/build in the game.

Pros:
* 3 Separate DOTs make awesome passive OS damage
* DOTs offset the Originator's (PM P3) annoying heals
* Incredible Damage
* Makes KFS a complete joke raid and so much fun
* High might with haste elixir might be the most OP PVE build in the game (note: personal opinion)

Cons:
* Not a good PVP toon (1H is)
* Slow unless you get to a certain might or depend heavily on haste elixirs/pots
* Resists in SQ P3 are a pain
* Mid-might OS without (or even with) elixir is relatively easy to die without the right build and expertise

1H is a completely different play style that is worthwhile. You trade offensive for strong defense abilities which eliminates the Glass Cannon effect the 2H has. That's a discussion for another thread though.
Last edited by Bbbb on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bbbb

Re: 2H Inquistor Guide

Postby Bbbb » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:14 pm

General Info

Rule #1 of Inquistor: DOTs are your friend
Rule #2 of Inquistor: Unlike some other classes (e.g. Mage, FK), you are easily get by with a single build for all PvE situations

Please note that Virulent Slash and Poison Cloud both lay down Poison Cloud DOTs, but they are two separate DOTs with separate timers.

Nature vs Spirit - The attacks that lay down DOTs are all nature attacks. 2 of the 3 DOTs are nature as well. Both have their own debuffs (Poisoned and Wrath). You need to have the DOTs down and just doing that will mean that most of your attacks are nature. You don't have enough ability points to try to run a full spirit setup and yet get the DOTs you need.

Spirit is also weak on the single attack side. You have Spirit Strike which is fast and has the possibility of hitting multiple times but it isn't something you should count on. Then you have the ultra-powerful but ultra-slow Smite. You'll get beat up bad if you try to use it.

Therefore, I recommend focusing on Nature and take a few key Spirit abilties.

Enchants:

Amber - 2H and AP
Emerald - Defense and Status Resist
Indigo - Nature and either Spirit or Luck

Red Gems - Go all Magic

Abilities:
Red, Yellow, Blue Gem Boost

Now you may notice that I have 3 points left over. They do not matter a lot. I tend to have them in Radiant Light and Heavenly Wave for mob cleanup purposes. Wrath is hard to lay down and keep going unless you are using RL all the time. Spirit Strike might be marginally useful. Smite is just too slow.

Note: Seismic Shield, Guardian, Shield Focus and Stagger are 100% useless in 2H. I can't recommend Spirit Bomb in PVE.

OS Rotation: It may surprise you that this is the one class where I don't have a base rotation that I follow. Trying to keep 3 DOTs (one of which has 3 levels) and Poisoned (which has 3 levels) going is basically the key. Meanwhile stop rampage, disarms and maybe heals. There are just too many variables (especially enemy resists). I strongly recommend practicing on KFS to understand the cooldowns before moving up to SQ and TSR.

Runes for OS: as always, Spirit Runes are your best friend. If you can afford Major Ones even better although I use none or minors in KFS to maximize my silver earnings.
Last edited by Bbbb on Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Bbbb

Mid-might Builds

The problems you will face at mid-might are:

1. Your attacks are slow and you take a lot of damage
2. You have problems keeping your DOTs and Poisoned Going

This is especially true in SQ and TSR P3. The problem with SQ is that she resists and you can't keep DOTs/Poisoned active. The problem in TSR P3 is just how much damage you will take.

Solutions (may need to use all):

1. Haste elixirs and/or haste pots/foods
2. Dodge pots or Melee Resist pots
3. Stack blue all physical resist gems (trust me on this - this is what turned the corner for me)

Other tips:
1. In TSR P3, stop Rampage. Break runes, Time Void, and Stunning Blow are options.
2. When (If?) the post-TSR raid is released, it break my physical/melee resist strategy.

Gems:

Blue - all Melee Resist
Yellow - mix of haste/crit and optionally one dodge
White - you can use magic, melee resist, haste, and crit. If you are having survival issues, focus on melee resist and haste though
Last edited by Bbbb on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bbbb

High-Might Builds

As you become more powerful, your survivaliblity will increase. Hence you can back off of some of the defense measures. In particular, replace the physical resist gems with crit power. Also, if you have a dodge, you can remove it too. You can start skipping the dodge/melee resist pots. You can experiment with crit pots instead of haste pots.

By this point, you'll find that you have a toon that makes a huge number of passive kills with DOTs. I can't tell you how many times I see a disarm (or other bad news) coming towards me and the DOT kills the enemy before they get their attack off.
Bbbb

Postby Kenner » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:20 am

Is this build anywhere near viable without haste elixers in tsr p3?

Can you give an estimate of rpp while only using runes for:
Kfs
Tsr p2

Cause if these numbers clearly outmatch 1h even without haste elixers and pots then it might be a worthwhile investment
Kenner

Postby Bbbb » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:17 pm

Kenner wrote:Is this build anywhere near viable without haste elixers in tsr p3?

Kfs
Tsr p2

Cause if these numbers clearly outmatch 1h even without haste elixers and pots then it might be a worthwhile investment

I wanna say kfs without elixirs is in the 900 HS range. With is more like 1200 and add a pots on top of that, you can get up to 1400.

I haven't run recently without on TSR to know. I switch OS toons a lot and before this week, I've been running Mage, SW and FW for OS for months. When I switched back to Inq, it was such a huge upgrade even though they are all near the same might.
Bbbb

Postby Kenner » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:12 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Kenner wrote:Is this build anywhere near viable without haste elixers in tsr p3?

Kfs
Tsr p2

I wanna say kfs without elixirs is in the 900 HS range. With is more like 1200 and add a pots on top of that, you can get up to 1400.

I haven't run recently without on TSR to know. I switch OS toons a lot and before this week, I've been running Mage, SW and FW for OS for months. When I switched back to Inq, it was such a huge upgrade even though they are all near the same might.

Thanks, maybe one day I'll switch haha. But the difference isn't that big with 1h imo.

So far I'm getting 990 on average in kfs. I am curious for the tsr results though :)
Kenner

Return to Discussions